When you’re with friends and family, you probably speak in your native language.
Here at WordPress.com, we think of all of you as our family, but we have yet to master all 105 languages into which WordPress.com is translated.
To address this, we’re happy to announce a major effort to improve the quality of our translations.
We’ve deployed a brand new tool, In-Page Translation, to allow you to participate more easily in the translation process — you’re part of the family, after all.
Here’s how it works:
- On any WordPress.com dashboard screen or blog with its language set to something other than English, hover over your name and avatar on the Admin Bar.
- Click “Translate WordPress.com” link.
- A new sidebar with translation tools will appear on the left.
- Choose one of the rows, enter your translation, and hit “Submit.”
- Your suggestion is now sent to GlotPress.
Submitted translations will…
View original post 107 more words
“To blab is to help the enemy!” 1954 Soviet poster
Flying 4 hours from London to Moscow and from Moscow to London the next day could be a bit tiring were it not for the new Jack Ryan movie on board the plane.
It is always a delight for a Russian to see Russia portrayed in a Hollywood blockbuster as a country of hapless oligarchs who can’t contract a decent ex-KGB killer and have to hire obese students from Uganda to do the job. Why Uganda?! A black-skinned killer in Moscow must be a wizard to beat the challenge of remaining inconspicuous.
You also know it is a Hollywood kind of Moscow when all roads in it take you to the Kremlin, either instantly or eventually. No. It is possible to live in Moscow and not see the Red Square for years. The FSB would be happy if foreign spies gravitated towards the…
View original post 321 more words